Sunday, January 6, 2019

Define "Precious"

I just came back from an adventurous road trip two days ago and as adventurous as it was, it was also filled with lots of communicating with God, reflecting upon my past year and asking what lies ahead for 2019. We literally drove through California, Nevada and Arizona, so the lots of driving also meant lots of time conversing with God.

And so I asked God, "What's in store for me in this New Year?" and before He could tell me the things or plans He wanted me to do, He told me, "Define, precious. For you are precious to me".

That startled me as it sort of came out of nowhere. But it got me thinking and pondering and wondering. So I found the definition for the word "PRECIOUS" and it wrecked me.

From the Merriam Webster dictionary, "precious" means:
  1. of great value or high price
  2. highly esteemed or cherished
  3. excessively refined
  4. great or thoroughgoing (complete)
Reading this list once again brings tears to my eyes. That I'm so precious to the Maker of the universe. That amongst the wonders of creation, God looks out at me and calls me "precious". And when we really truly understand the meaning of what this word entails, it changes our perspective, our world view. The way we see ourselves, the way we see others, the way we look at circumstances knowing that whatever we're going through, it does not change who we are- precious in God's sight.

If we're able to look at each other with the true value that God has placed on us, things are gonna change. Relationships will be restored, friendships nurtured, loved ones seen in a whole new meaning and light. Abuse, divorce and wars will decrease because children, spouses and countries are precious. Human trafficking and sex slavery will not be an issue because lives are precious. Priorities will be reprioritized because the importance of friends and family far outweighs the temporal satisfaction of materialism and meaningless wealth. We may talk differently, act differently, behave differently because we cherish the ones before us. 

It also speaks on "self-love". That if God sees me as precious, I should carry myself in a way that's reflecting of how He sees me. To be patient with myself, to pay attention to my wants and needs, to say that it's ok to not be ok and that God will see me through. To not be so hard on myself, knowing there's grace in every season. To handle myself with kindness as how I handle the ones I love. 

So this year, let's be kind to ourselves because that's the heart of the Father for us. He is a good, loving and kind Father, therefore, that is our inheritance. Before we get out our new years resolutions,  rewrite new goals and re-dig old dreams, let's allow ourselves to sit in the comfortably of our own identities as precious children in the safe arms of a Father. And from there allow the dreams, visions, thoughts and plans to unfold. Flowing out of the certainty of our identity. Knowing that He will make all things work together for the good of those who love Him (Romans 8:28). 

Bless you all and may you have a wonderful New Year!!! 2019 will be amazing!!!

Image may contain: sky, tree, mountain, outdoor and nature
Picture taken while driving nearby Mammoth Lakes during our road trip. 
















No comments: