Saturday, September 5, 2009

Things aren't exactly what they seem

Just came home from church, feeling really tired cos I'll have to go to youth again in like 15 minutes! But feel I really have to do this...

Do you have loved ones close to you, leaning onto you a bit way too much?
Like your their lifeline, the number to call on those yellow pages in times of trouble, and I mean only when they're in trouble.
When they need money, or a ride cos their car broke down.
Just got out of a similar situation.
Couldn't stand it anymore, tried to control the tears.
And before I knew it, with Divine timing, the song "Arms open wide" from the latest Hillsong United album, played in the car.

Chorus:
Oh here I stand
Arms open wide
Oh I am Yours
And You are mine

Take my moments and my days
Let each breath that I take
Be ever only for You oh God

Oh here I stand
Arms open wide
Oh I am Yours
And You are mine

My whole life is Yours
I give it all
Surrendered to Your name
And forever I will pray
Have Your way
Have Your way

2 tears escaped from my eyes, don't exactly know what I felt, but didn't quite like it.
Then I looked out into the skies and saw just this 1 shining star, that didn't exactly looked like one. Asked God about it, got the feeling it was really a star but still doubtful. Then God gave me this answer,

"Things are not always what it seem, sometimes they happen for a reason, but just leave everything into My hands, your fears, doubts, friends and also the loved ones who bother you, and see Me work, just like the star, to you it doesn't seem like one, cos of the way it blinks, or the shape of it, you even thought it was a satellite. But sometimes things really aren't what they seem."

So I left it there, and then moments later got a call, saying that money isn't needed anymore cos some money deposited in a vcd rental shop got back to the person who needed it. And its the exact amount cos no vcd was rented in a long time and a sum had to be deducted. Its CRAZY!!! God really is working, so told him that its a miracle, even though he doesn't believe in God and may not like to hear that, but couldn't care less cos God really was working!

So the next time you see a star, not sure whether its a plane, a satellite or even Superman? Just know that God knows our hearts deeply, more than we know ourselves. Just give yourself to Him and I mean your whole self! Watch Him work His awesome ways, even better than catching a shooting star which is just short-lived. His mercies are new every morning, and so are His blessings! So dont jump to conclusions that Jesus isn't there or not watching over you cos....

THINGS AREN'T EXACTLY WHAT THEY SEEM!!!

No comments: