Sunday, April 4, 2010

His blood was shed for me




"His blood was shed for me"
Sometimes I wonder how can that truly be
We all know the story
Understand the doctrine
But does it really sink in?
As literal and as much as it should?

Every Good Friday
We remember His death
The thorn of crown He wore
The stripes that He took
The heavy cross He bared
The nail pierced hands.

We can just typically say
"Yes, He did it for me"
But do we really understand the essence of it?
The true meaning of that cross?
We may overlook it as another "tradition" we do every year
To remember the death of our Lord Jesus Christ

This Easter I came to realize
That "Yes, He did it for me"
And He did it wholeheartedly
With fear and trembling
And agony in the form of blood drops
With the body of a human
Mortal like everyone of us no less

On that cross more than 2000 years ago
He hung on that cross
With me on His mind
I wasn't even born yet
Not even the hundreds of generation before me
But there He was thinking of me

And so was He of You!
It may sound crazy or even insane
For someone to be in their most excruciating pain
Yet they don't focus on the pain
But on the love for us undeserving sinners
Thinking about you
Which made it all worth it

John 3:16
For God so loved the world
that He gave His only begotten Son
For whosoever believes in Him
shall not perish but have everlasting life

Come to the Father
For we all need His love
Love that no man could give
For the love portrayed
Was through the blood
And those nail pierced hands...

Who would do that for you?
Shed his or her blood for your redemption even if you are not worthy...











No comments: