Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Bersih 2.0


After seeing this video I realize that things aren't always what they seem or what is even said. They can reason all they want, cover up all they can, praise the enforcement for doing a job "well done" but nothing can substitute the truth and the truth of the matter right here, is not through the spoken words of anyone but images and pictures untainted.

It saddens me to see authorities contradict their work ethics and instead of fighting crime, they fight those  who fight crime. Instead of saving lives, they allowed one to fade away. Instead of bringing peace, they initiate violence. Instead of protecting, they were attacking. Lies told but pictures unfold, leaders can say they did a great job, but our eyes would never deceive.

Bersih 2.0 has really opened my eyes to a whole new Malaysia. Never thought there would be so many citizens fighting for justice in our country. Always had this in the back of my head where people would just talk in coffee shops, complaining bout the terrible state of our country. But on the 9th of July 2011(where I pre-pictured it to be empty streets everywhere with just a bunch of crazily courageous people chanting bersih), the true Malaysian spirit was shown through the lives of the thousands that came on that auspicious but dangerous day. People from all walks of life. Different backgrounds, different skin color, different languages, different status, different ages all with the similar goal for a clean election. Its funny how so many differences can actually come to an agreement. Unity can truly be achieved. 1 Malaysia!

So many people came I was truly dumbfounded. We're so used to seeing these scenes in other countries that when I see it happening in my own homeland, it takes time to register. There were children (very extreme parents, either way you wanna see it), old people and all in between. One elderly woman stood out.

We have been praying for change, and change is coming if not already here. Seeing people get arrested, beaten, handcuffed yet still firm in their stand makes me bask in pride for my fellow citizens. Even Malaysians overseas are supporting us, what more can we ask for. We're called a democratic nation for a reason.

The amount of people that came truly inspires me.

This event showed the true colors of different people groups. The true colors of Malaysian citizens was shown. They care for their country and are willing to pay the price for justice. Some darker colors can be seen through....those wearing darker colors. Makes me wonder about end times. Would we dare do this to defend our faith? Only time would tell. Anyways, I'm so much more prouder to be a Malaysian now. And I don't stand on neutral ground. I stand for what is right, pure and just. BERSIH 2.0! 

*Where is God in this? I'm not quite sure. But I do know that Malaysia is in God's hands. Thank God for Malaysia!

No comments: