Saturday, February 2, 2013

A Cultural Shock

The working world is a cultural shock
Not just a slight knock
But more like hard rock
Shaking you out of your "fairytale" world
Into a world where greed, fame and lust is real
Making it more than just, realistic

Sometimes I wonder how do people survive this world
But that's the thing.
They do survive.
And that's just being part of this "dog eat dog" world that we live in

Growing up not in the "best" of environments
But somehow still very much protected and sheltered
Coming out of this "shell" we all have to leave sooner or later
I wonder what is the right environment to be brought up in

To protect or to expose?
That is the question.
I wouldn't want my children to face the cultural shock I'm facing now
But then again they need to know whatever happens in society or politics
This is the environment they will eventually grow up in
So what do we do about it?

But then again there are nice people out there
And its just another war going on in the inside of my head
Like where do I place my feet?
When should  I act all professional?
Or be friendly and just "be myself"?

The thing is that everywhere and everyone will tell you to
JUST BE YOURSELF
But the thing is being yourself is not always what they want or need or even prefer
Not easy being Christ-like when you're submerged into a culture so different from Heaven :P

But I'm growing up and I do love my job
Sooner or later
More things will be revealed and unfolded
But one thing stands
In Him whom I trust with my life

L.I.F.E
Leadership
Integrity
Flexibility
Excellence

True principles I learned from one of my assignments
Being sent out, you see different corporate leaders
And some are really genuine in whatever they're doing
And so this LIFE principle is what I would live by

So Kingdom yet so Relatable
To this real world I'm in right now

Dear Lord,
Help me get through this cultural shock right now
To understand, in all that happens
To take of this experience as a "life-lesson" journey
That though the storms and waves may come
Still the more I seek You
The more I find You
And who have had it worst but You?
Help me see the light through all of these
That all these cultural shock I'm having
(And all that's within)
Is nothing compared to who I believe in....

No comments: