Wednesday, January 10, 2018

Bold Faith, Quiet Trust

Bold Faith & Quiet Trust
That's what she carries with grace & honor
Belief in God we must
But she took it many steps further

She graced the seasons of change
With silent but bold faith 
In times of need
She held onto quiet trust

She was a single mom
But don't be alarmed
For she faced the storms with courage
And in battles stayed calm

Looking back I didn't or couldn't see the price she paid
The sacrifice she kept laying over & over & over
As a child, you are oblivion 
To the finances, schedules and car rides a single mom gave

She sent us for ballet and music lessons
Vocal lessons and tution
Gave us everything we needed 
Above all she prioritised Jesus

That's her life's calling
To raise up two girls to be the most Christ-centered individuals anyone could be
To laugh at fear of the future
And acknowledge God as our Victor

I never knew the stigma attached to being raised by a single mom
Until a high school friend one day was quite surprised
When he found out I was raised by a single mom
I didn't show any signs of what a child with a single parent would typically look like

Other people were even astonished when they knew my dad
Amazed by how well my sis and I were brought up
One even asked us to be "backup" parents for their children
When we were only 15 & 13

See people recognize the strength in someone
When they see those below thrive healthily
And I'm glad that my mom did not raise me alone
But truly partnered with God almighty

She weathered the storms
The dissapointments
Carried me in prayer through my darkest times
And kept laying us at the feet of Jesus over and over again

She did not make her children her idols
But always pointed us to the King
Blessed us with so much more than we could ask for
And I pray that she will see the fruits of what she sowed

Been told to "forget" about her dreams
Been treated unjustly before
Been underestimated so many times
But what men don't see God sees

So thank you Mom for protecting your secret place
For keeping me and Deb in the hands of God
And never allowing us to embrace a poverty mentality
Showing us that true riches lie in all of eternity

We are both adults now
And I pray that what we carry
Would reflect what you "paid" for
We are so glad that God chose you to be our mom

Thanks mom for all you have done
The price you paid for the life we live
You have given us our dreams
May you now live yours...

Happy Birthday, I love you so....

My mom & I with our spiritual weapons! hahaha...



















No comments: